The second in our summer fruit series, Boy and I wanted to do something with figs to bring together their lovely sweetness with a touch of savory.
Fig, Blue Cheese & Prosciutto Toas-Tite
- 1 ripe fig (sliced into several pieces)
- 1 to 1 1/2 tsp of blue cheese
- 1/4 slice of prosciutto, cut into small pieces
- 2 slices of white bread
- Softened butter
- Butter one side of each slice of bread to prep for your Toas-Tite sandwich.
- Sprinkle half of the blue cheese onto one of the pieces of bread.
- Top with half of the fig slices. On top of that, layer on the prosciutto.
- Again, add a layer of figs and finally add the other half of the blue cheese on top of that.
- Carefully put the second slice of bread on top and close the Toas-Tite grill.
- Trim the excess bread and toast away!
Notes From The Kitchen
Probably the most important thing about this Toas-Tite is the balance of the sweet figs with the savory prosciutto and blue cheese. If your figs aren’t that sweet, consider adding a sprinkle of sugar or reducing the quantity of cheese and prosciutto.
Another thing to keep in mind is that the flavor of the prosciutto intensifies as it heats up. So while it’s tempting to layer on quite a bit of it, use a light hand (otherwise, be prepared to taste pretty much all prosciutto and not much else).