The only thing better than a freshly baked cookie is a freshly baked cookie, plus some raw cookie dough right off the spoon. This Toas-Tite has plenty of both. Plus if you can’t decide if you want sugar cookies or chocolate chip cookies, fret no more. You get both of those as well. (And yes, we’ve departed a little bit from our recent pie extravaganza but don’t worry, we’re getting to the poll winner soon!)
- 2 freshly baked sugar cookies (3.5 to 4 inches in diameter)
- 1 Tbsp of raw chocolate chip cookie dough*
- Raw egg, lightly whipped
- Non-stick spray
Raw Cookie Dough Ingredients:
- 1/2 c. flour
- 3 Tbsp of butter, softened
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp of white sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 2-3 Tbsp chocolate chips
- Start off by making some raw chocolate chip cookie dough that’s safe to eat right off the spoon and free from raw eggs (although yes, raw egg is an ingredient for this Toas-Tite). We use a recipe adapted from Cupcake Project (ingredients above). Just mix them all together and you’re ready to roll!
- After you’ve prepped your cookie dough, make your favorite sugar cookie recipe. You’ll need two rather large sugar cookies which ideally are slightly underbaked and warm so they’ll be pliable in the Toas-Tite grill.
- Prep your grill with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place one sugar cookie in the Toas-Tite, top side toward the inside of the grill.
- Brush a bit of the raw egg around the outside of the cookie to help the seal stick (don’t worry, it will cook but you won’t taste it).
- Now dollop your tablespoon of raw cookie dough on top.
- Set the other sugar cookie on top of the raw cookie dough with the top side up.
- Toast over medium heat for 4 minutes on each side, rotating every 2 minutes or until your sugar cookies are slightly golden brown.
- Remove your mega cookie from your grill, pour yourself a tall glass of milk, and take me to cookie town.
Notes from the Kitchen
If you like gooey cookies and raw cookie dough, this one is for you. It’s got the best of both worlds but we highly recommend sharing with a friend, otherwise you may find yourself in a cookie coma afterwards.
Also a word to the wise. The edge of this Toas-Tite get very crispy so unless crunchy cookies are your thing, don’t save those bits for last. But the middle…gooey, cookie, fabulous. Mmm, mm, good.