Peaches are fuzzy, juicy, and hard to resist. While I have to admit, I probably tend to reach for a nectarine before the peach on the fruit stand (although Boy would do the opposite), peach desserts are…well…top notch. This one isn’t complicated but your taste buds wouldn’t know it. And even if they did, I don’t think they’d care.
“You’re A Peach” Toas-Tite
- Two slices of white bread
- 1 peach, sliced
- Sugar (optional)
- This one couldn’t be more simple or more peachy. Butter one side of each piece of bread.
- Place the bread into the clam shells of the pie iron, buttered side facing the iron.
- Place the peaches in the center of the bread, piling them nice and high.
- Steal one slice from the pile in the Toas-Tite and give it a taste. If it’s nice and sweet, feel free to skip the sugar but if you think it could use a tad more sweetness, go ahead and sprinkle away.
- Cover the peaches with the other slice of bread, buttered side up and close the pie iron.
- Fire up your stove, fireplace, grill, etc. and get to toasting.
- When you’re happy with your toast-levels, take the sandwich out of the iron and let cool.
- Then chow down!