July 4th weekend – it’s all about fireworks, festivities, barbecues, and red, white, and blue. For Boy and I, it’s red, white, and Toas-Tite (of course).
American Pie, the Toas-Tite Way
- 2 slices of white bread
- 2 nice and ripe strawberries, sliced
- Roughly 10 to 15 blueberries
- 1 Tbsp of cream cheese, spread into a disc roughly 2.5 inches in diameter and frozen for 10 minutes
- 1.5 tsp of granulated sugar
- Unsalted butter
- Lightly butter one side of each slice of bread
- Place your bread into the Toas-Tite sandwich grill, buttered side down
- On the bottom, layer in your blueberries – depending on the size you may need to use closer to 10 rather than 15
- Next, add your cream cheese disc and sprinkle on the sugar
- Add the strawberries on top of the cream cheese
- Carefully place the other slice of bread on top and close the Toas-Tite grill
- Trim the excess bread and toast!
Notes from the kitchen
Boy and I tend to gravitate toward a little bit of savory with our sweet. That’s why we opted for a disc of frozen cream cheese with sugar on top. However, if you have more of a sweet-sweet tooth, an easy variation on the above recipe is to use a frozen disc of whipped cream instead.
And a totally random aside…
You may notice something new going on in the photos in this post. That’s right. There’s no kitchen counter, stove, cutting board, etc. in the background! I am something of a nerd and just bought a small tabletop background/sweep. It’s pretty awesome. I’m very excited about it. Have no fear, undoubtedly you’ll see a reappearance of the cutting board / kitchen counter now and again but I’m now pretty pumped to step up the food photography.